Every Friday, the Back on My Feet blog will feature a roundup of timely, prominent homelessness news, issues, concepts and trends from across the country and world. Subscribe to content regarding homelessness by way of either an RSS feed or e-mail blast.
- Cost of Homelessness: [National Alliance to End Homelessness]–A piece about the cost of homelessness on society overall and what socially responsible means of combating homelessness exist.
- The 2009 Annual Homeless Assessment Report to congress: [U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development]–An in depth governmental review of the homeless situation in the United States.
- A Preliminary Look at Boston’s Homeless Population: [McCormack Institute of Public Affairs]–A look at the state of the homeless population published by affiliates of University of Massachusetts Boston.
- Government of Canada Helps Those Who Are Homeless: [News Blaze]–An article about a way that Canada deals with their domestic homelessness situation.
- Students host run/walk to help the homeless: [The Press Tribune]–A group of socially responsible students from a high school in California organize annual charity run/walk.
- Students draw attention to homelessness: [The San Bernardino Sun]– High school juniors seek to educate their fellow students on the realities of homelessness, while dispelling stereotypes.